Monday, April 7, 2014

What Has You So Backed Up?

While recently vacuuming the floor, I found the more I went up and down the rows of the carpet, the less and less I was able to pick up. The cleaner sounded normal, had decent suction, and had all the working parts; but something was wrong. Finally growing weary of poor pick up performance, I had to investigate and see where the problem lies! I detached the arms of the machine and found no blockage or items hindering its progress. I quickly deduced that wasn’t the problem. From having all kinds of machines (home, commercial, low ends to Kirby’s), I deduced the problem was inside the machine. So, I opened her up and “BINGO” the bag was packed, filled, bloated, and seemed like it couldn’t handle another piece of lint, far less something larger. I replaced the bag, turned it on, and “Walla” power, suction and nice lines forming on the carpet. Happy, I was able to fix the problem was my original though, but the Holy Spirit quickly revealed a greater revelation to me. Many of our lives are picking up less and less of God’s manifold wisdom (Eph 1:8-9). Hence, we’re leaving more and more dirt in and around our lives. The reason we can’t see it as with some dirt on your carpet is that it just down into the rug when most can’t see it. So you keep functioning as normal. How would I know I’m missing out on principles of insight from God? Glad you asked. First, everything seems normal, reading my devotional, going to bible study and tithing. It all sounds normal; but is there a passion to reading in the morning? Is there exhilaration in anticipation for bible study? Is there a desire to serve mankind or give to God through your church? Just because it sounds normal or good; doesn’t mean that it is. Second, decent suction, I’ve found that you can be in all the right places, where all the right people are saying all the right things; but you may be hearing none of them, because you’re stuffed up/blockage. There’s something hindering the word from getting inside of you. Is it an ungodly relationship? A dark hidden secret or you’re filled up with the world and can’t receive anything from the Word. Clean out your insides, so they’ll be room for something else (Col 2:8-10). Finally, make sure all your parts are working properly. Is your praise working properly? Is your witness working properly? Is your prayer life working properly? Trade out old parts and replace them with new ones (2 Cor 5:17). When you make these changes, I assure you, like my vacuum cleaner you’ll be working great again. Be encouraged, your best days are right in front of you. Pastor Kirkland A. Smith

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly what I went through a couple months ago. I said I was a Christian but didn't walk talk or show any one my light. I really had to go through a worldly detox. I turned off my radio and started listening to the to the Bible or worship music on my commute. I stopped calling my friends when I had problems and started praying. I began to search for a church. I fell in love with Jesus. And my life began to change. Thank you for this post. It really reminded me that sometimes we have to get cleaned out so that we can be our best

    ReplyDelete