Friday, October 2, 2015

Tune It Up
Acts 3:6 “…Silver or gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you…”

            There’s a story of a shepherd who lived in the mountains and was a faithful listener of a national radio station that played some of the finest music.  One evening after listening to the station he was prompted to write them a letter.  He said in his letter:
“I enjoy your program every day, and I’m writing to ask a favor of you.  I’m living in the hills and void of the assistance I need.  I have an old violin, which I once could play, but it has gotten badly out of tune.  I’m hoping on your next program that you’d strike “A” on the piano so I may tune my violin again."
            The station contacted him, thanked him for his commitment to the program, and gave him a date his request would take place.  The following Saturday night, the program came on, and they stopped in the middle of it, long enough to strike “A” on the studio piano, while the shepherd in a faraway place got the right pitch for his violin.
            What’s this have to do with you?  Well our church and this world are badly out of tune and need our Lord to strike a pitch to help us get back on the right track!  A foundational note that will compel us to live God honoring, holy and humble lives.
            For 2,000 plus years ago, Jesus came and struck a note that was heard around the world.  His note took death’s sting away (1 Cor15:55), His note gave living water (John 4:13-14), and allowed the oppressed to be set free (Luke 4:18).

            Tune in this coming Sunday morning when the word goes forth, so you can get retuned!

Pastor Kirkland A. Smith,
Senior Pastor

No comments:

Post a Comment